Monday, February 11, 2008

eBay, PayPal by Phone

I used to be heavily involved in adult literacy as a trainer and administrator. Did you know over 94% of all people are visual learners? This means, if you are like me, you prefer to SEE something demonstrated. Or...you learn best by watching or by handling items, trying to DO it yourself after being shown how to do something. Or...by holding and reading over information - by looking over handouts or manuals. The remaining 6% of people learn best through auditory (hearing) or kinesthetic (touch) means. Most of us are predominantly in one camp (visual) but can learn best through a mixture of one or more methods of learning.

Why am I telling you this? Because just talking on the phone to someone from Customer Service at eBay doesn't do it for me. I'm a visual learner. That is, unless the person will wait patiently while I write down everything he or she says! No, that's why I like eBay's Live Help resource at www.ebay.com . I can chat with a customer service agent, ask my questions and instantly receive the answers, then print out our conversation and look it over again and again if I need to.

But, of course, I realize everyone does not learn best this way. And so, for you who are not visual learners? Here are some phone numbers you'll want to squirrel away for future reference. Both companies are in California. I'll be sharing contact info for other auction sites in later posts:

1 - eBay, Inc.
Customer Service Department
(800)322-9266 or (888)749-3229

2 - PayPal, Inc. (owned by eBay)
Customer Service Department
(888)221-1161
4 a.m.-10 p.m. PST (Monday - Friday)

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: